The One Voice for Laos Mission
One Voice for Laos is a humanitarian aid project whose mission is to improve the quality of life for 600 children living in the Deak Kum Pa orphanage in Luang Prabang, Laos.
The goal of the project, however, goes far beyond fundraising.
The project is also about consciousness-raising -- especially the consciousness of Western teenagers -- many of whom have yet to experience the challenges facing third-world cultures and the joy that comes from selfless service.
Headquartered in New York's Hudson Valley, One Voice for Laos is a community-based project -- fueled by the inspired collaboration of many dedicated local teens, parents, and concerned citizens.
We have five specific goals:
1. Raise money to support the 600 orphans.
2. Spark the emergence of the next generation of humanitarians.
3. Make the journey to Laos, in 2012, for two weeks of hands on service at the orphanage and neighboring village
4. Create a documentary film -- produced by Hudson Valley teenagers -- that will communicate the heart and soul of the experience.
5. Establish a model for how small communities can go beyond "business as usual" and make a profound difference in the world.
Posted by Mitch Ditkoff at August 30, 2011 04:52 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)