August 21, 2017
Your Feedback is Humbly Requested

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." -- Peter Ustinov

SwamiMitch (1).jpg

The author of this blog (that's me, folks, Mitch Ditkoff) is thinking about launching a new blog that features the healing, inspirational, and heart/mind-opening properties of humor. In a day and age when there is way too much separating people, nations, religions, and spiritual paths, I am exploring ways of finding common ground via the power of humor and laughter (what some pundits describe as "the universal language").

Towards that end, I am asking you to take three minutes now to respond to this poll, which highlights the potential content of the new blog I am dreaming up -- ClownChakra.org. Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to share your feedback with me.

A story that might possibly be included

August 19, 2017
We Go High!

Announcing the world premiere of WE GO HIGH, Jill Katz and Friends' new anthem to world peace. Enjoy! And please consider posting the link on FB and other social media sites. We very much need peace-themed counter-programming during these challenging times of ours. Yes, there is darkness. But there is also light. And, inspired music with a meaningful message helps bring the light.

In what ways can YOU and your friends do something to help inspire peace -- both inner and outer?

The We Go High website

Photo #12: Ira Meyer

August 09, 2017
58 Inspiring Quotes on Peace

WalkingTo light.jpg

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." - Buddha

"There is no path to peace. Peace is the path." - Mahatma Gandhi

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves." - Dalai Lama

"I want to see peace dancing in the heart of every human being." - Prem Rawat

"If we have not peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa

MTE1ODA0OTcxODAxNTQ0MjA1.jpg

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

"Your every thought, feeling, perception, spoken word, and performed action reverberates into the universe." - Baba Muktananda

"Peace is not an absence of war. It is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, and justice." - Baruch Spinoza

"We shall find peace. We shall hear angels. We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds." - Anton Chekov

"If there is to be peace in the world, there must be peace in the nations. If there is to be peace in the nations, there must be peace in the cities. If there is to be peace in the cities, there must be peace between neighbors. If there is to be peace between neighbors, there must be peace in the home. If there is to be peace in the home, there must be peace in the heart." - Lao Tzu

"There can never be peace between nations until there is first known that peace which is within the souls of men." - Black Elk

"Let your heart become so saturated with love that you are able to ride the waves of change with equipoise, and find new meaning in everything that happens." - Gurumayi Chidvalasananda

"We must restore hope to the young people, help the old, be open to the future, spread love. Be poor among the poor. We need to include the excluded and preach peace." - Pope Francis

o-POPE-FRANCIS-facebook.jpg

"We must join with the tens of millions all over the world who see in peace our most sacred responsibility." - Paul Robeson

"What is there at this moment that you lack?" - Zen proverb

"It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work at it." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Unless he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace." - Albert Schweitzer

"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you." - Deepak Chopra

"A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet eaten in anxiety." - Aesop

"If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else." - Marvin Gaye

Marvin_Gaye_(1973).png

"I am poor and naked, but I am the chief of the nation. We do not want riches, but we want to train our children right. We cannot take them with us to the other world. We do not want riches. We want peace and love." - Red Cloud

"Establishing lasting peace is the work of education. All politics can do is keep us out of war." - Maria Montessori

"Peace is not a luxury. It's not an option. It is fundamental to the existence and well-being of a human being to have peace in their life." - Prem Rawat

"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Peace is not made at the council table or by treaties, but in the hearts of men." - Herbert Hoover

"Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity." - Thich Hnat Hanh

"There is a criterion by which you can judge whether the thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing are right for you. The criterion is: have they brought you inner peace?" - Peace Pilgrim

"Peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet." - Annie Lamott

"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's mind. If a man can control his mind, he can find the way to enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him." - Buddha

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding that bringeth peace." - Helen Keller

"There are no contests in the Art of Peace. A true warrior is invincible because he or she contests with nothing. Defeat means to defeat the mind of contention that we harbor within." - Morihei Ueshiba

morihei-ueshiba-portrait-575.jpg

"Every human longs for peace and love." - Hiawatha

"Our souls may lose their peace and even disturb other people's if we are always criticizing trivial actions which often are not real defect at all, but we construe them wrongly through our ignorance of their motives." - St. Teresa of Avila

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." - Carlos Santana

"The kingdom of heaven is within." - Jesus

"Mankind must remember that peace is not God's gift to his creatures; peace is our gift to each other." - Elie Wiesel

"There was never a good war or a bad peace." - Benjamin Franklin

"We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but the positive affirmation of peace." - Martin Luther King

"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

"In our daily life, we can smile. If we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is most basic kind of peace work." - Thich Nhat Hanh

"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace. Power to the peaceful." - Michael Franti

"The real and lasting victories are those of peace, not war." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy." - Thomas Jefferson

"We are not at peace with others, because we are not at peace with ourselves, and we are not at peace with ourselves, because we are not at peace with God." - Thomas Merton

"It is easier to lead men to combat, stirring up their passion than to restrain them and direct them towards the patient labors of peace." - Andre Gide

"If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." - Desmond Tutu

"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." - John Lennon

John+Lennon+0.gif

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it more fully in your heart." - St. Francis of Assisi

"I can promise you that women working together -- linked, informed, and educated -- can bring peace and prosperity to this forsaken planet." - Isabel Allende

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he will become your partner." - Nelson Mandela

"Remember your humanity, and forget the rest." - Bertrand Russell

"I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in." - Geroge McGovern

"Peace is a choice." - John Denver

"You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level." - Eckert Tolle

"World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion." - Dalai Lama

August 05, 2017
PeaceCast TV Accepting Submissions Until August 7th

PeaceCast.tv, an inspired online media channel, is now accepting peace-themed video submissions for their September 21st livestream in honor of the International Day of Peace. Got something inspiring to share with the rest of the world? Go for it! Deadline: August 7th.

2016 playlist

2015 Highlights

Why I Am Flying 27 Hours to Amaroo in September

ItalianManCA.jpg

On September 7th, I will travel 27 hours to Amaroo (Australia) to spend five days with Prem Rawat and 3,500 other people at an outdoor celebration of love.

When I tell some of my friends, they look at me as if I've gone off the deep end. "Why?" they ask. "Haven't you seen him enough in the past 46 years? Don't you already know what he's going to say?"

Their questions all make sense. Logically speaking, that is. But my experience of seeing and listening to him, live -- especially in Amaroo for five days -- is not a logical thing. It's a love thing. And love is not always logical.

Can I experience this anywhere? Yes, I can. That's the whole point of what he teaches -- that each one of us can experience what we were born for anywhere. No, it doesn't take a trip to Australia to experience it.

PremCA81.jpg

But... somehow... some way -- at least for me -- spending five days, unplugged, in this man's company, helps me get way more deeply in touch with that feeling.

Anyway... as I gear up to make the trek halfway around the world, here are 50 reasons why I am going:

WHY I AM TRAVELING 27 HOURS TO AMAROO

1. Because I want to.

2. Because I can.

3. Seeing Prem Rawat always refreshes, renews, and rejuvenates me.

4. Usually, when I see Prem Rawat, it is only for 90-minutes at a public event. At Amaroo, it's at least twice a day and for five days in a row. Plus, the rest of the time is an off-the-grid festival of love.

5. It's a ton of fun. Make that two tons.

laughingGirls1.jpg

6. Mucho laughter.

7. Sometimes, a single word or phrase from Prem goes in so deep it becomes a kind of radioactive isotope of awareness -- teaching and nurturing me for years.

8. Joy. Big joy. Huge joy. Massive joy. Gigundo joy.

9. Amaroo is a very beautiful, welcoming place.

10. I like getting in sync with my teacher's vision for bringing his message of peace to the world.

UmbrellasJJamphi.jpg

11. Waking up early with the birds.

12. Seeing a kangaroo or koala bear.

13. Fabulous unexpected connections with people I've never met before.

14. Practicing Knowledge in my tent and knowing I will be sitting in the amphitheater, with Prem Rawat, later that morning.

15. The food tent. Yes, the food tent -- a great place to schmooze with old friends -- some of whom I haven't seen in years.

campgroundAwide1.jpg

16. Reconnecting with my muse. Tapping into the realm from where real poetry comes.

17. The journey there. Each step is an arrival.

18. Realizing, once again, that I have everything I need.

19. Feeling as if every cell in my body is having a party.

20. Getting in touch with the feeling that originally drew me to receive Knowledge in the first place.

PremCampgroundA3-1.jpg

21. Going to bed when the sun goes down.

22. Experiencing heaven on earth.

23. Seeing people from every walk of life from more than 35 countries living in a beautiful bubble of grace.

24. Hot showers in the morning.

25. Many sweet opportunities to serve.

ItalianBoyCA.jpg

26. Deep, uncontrollable waves of gratitude.

27. Excerpting some of his talks in the laundry room.

28. Ultimate simplicity.

29. Just walking around.

30. Getting totally soaked with feeling.

Sunset_hp.jpg

31. The Australian accent.

32. Being rebooted.

33. Daya's Fine Dining.

34. Feeling like every day is the cherry on top of the Sundae on top of the world.

35. Realizing that if I was on my death bed and looking back at my life, the moments I'm having at Amaroo would be some of the most exquisite.

WomanCA1.jpg

36. Love, love, love.

37. Getting a fresh perspective on what life is all about.

38. Listening to the truth being spoken beneath the beautiful Australian sky.

39. Enjoying every breath.

40. Getting down to basics.

CoupleRock1.jpg

41. The best vacation I've ever had.

42. Getting out of my head and into my heart.

43. Everywhere I am is the right place.

44. Learning something every day.

45. Seeing how peace on earth is not only possible, but happening.

PremCampgroundA2.jpg

46. Did I mention love?

47. I get to look in a beautiful mirror and see myself clearly.

48. Not having to DO anything to feel totally whole and complete.

49. Feeling. Deep, deep feeling.

50. Feeling good for absolutely no reason.

ManRock.jpg

If you have learned the techniques of Knowledge, as taught by Prem Rawat, and want to go to Amaroo, click here to register.

If you don't think you have the time or resources to go to Amaroo, read this to open up the possibilities.

August 02, 2017
INSIDE PEACE Launches a $25,000 Crowdfunding Campaign

70775da6-1ed7-4a66-afe0-20eac2af87a3_profile.jpg

The fine folks who created the award-winning documentary, Inside Peace, about the extraordinary impact of the Peace Education Program in a Texas prison have just launched a crowdfunding campaign to take the project to the next level. Click here for more details and to make a donation.

Inside Peace Trailer