December 28, 2017
How Many Days in a Life?

This is a wonderful video -- entertaining, informative, and inspiring -- about change, mortality, and the preciousness of life. Great use of motion graphics to deliver a powerful message.

PremRawat.com

December 26, 2017
My Sister, Prem Rawat, and Me

FullSizeRender.jpg

I first heard about Prem Rawat when I was 23 and he was 13. At that time, he was known as "Maharaji" and I was known as "Ditty." Though he was barely a teen, I found him to be extraordinarily wise, well beyond his years. Actually, I found him to be way more than wise, because he wasn't just talking about the eternal verities of life, he was sparking a palpable experience of peace, love, and joy.

And so, at 24, I decided to follow up on his offer and "receive Knowledge" -- his phrase for a kind of inner awakening. It was, for me, the most extraordinary day of my life.

Newly supercharged and supremely confident I had just discovered the secret of life, I soon called my sister and explained why it would be a good idea for her to do the same. It went over like a lead balloon. Make that two lead balloons. Though both of us had grown up in the same house, our bedrooms next to each other, we were now, it seemed, living on different planets -- her perception of me alternating between well-meaning flake, unemployed hippie, and baby boomer going through yet another phase.

Fifteen years passed.

She had three children. I had none. She lived in the suburbs. I lived in the woods. She watched TV. I watched the moon. Finding it painful for my grand declarations about the path I was on to fall on deaf ears, I stopped talking about Prem Rawat in my sister's company. But then, in 1988, upon hearing that he was going to be speaking at Lincoln Center, just 20 miles from her home -- I couldn't resist and invited her to come.

"What the hell?" I thought to myself. "The worst thing that can happen is she says NO." But she didn't. She said YES and agreed to meet me in the lobby of Avery Fisher Hall on the appointed day.

I was thrilled.

Settling into our seats as the hall filled up, my sister and I held hands, agreeing, once again, just how crazy our parents were. And then... the lights dimmed... Prem walked out on stage... sat down... adjusted his mic... and began.

Though I'd heard him speak at least 100 times before, he seemed to be in rare form that night, starting with a joke or two, a light-hearted story, and some funny remarks about New York. The audience loved it. And so did my sister. So much so, in fact, that two minutes into his talk she turned to me and spoke eight words I will never forget, "You never told me how funny he was."

This was my sister's first real introduction to Prem Rawat, everything I had mentioned before that moment merely a weird preamble. THIS was her initiation, laughing her tushie off in the third row of Avery Fisher Hall. Somehow, the man she once assumed she couldn't relate to was getting her to laugh. And laugh she did -- out and out belly laughs, tears coming to her eyes. I just sat there, stunned, amazed at how, in just a few minutes, the man she once was certain was only for her wacky, younger brother had sparked such a delightful opening in her.

Over the next 20 years, Phyllis accompanied me to another five Prem Rawat events. After the fifth, she asked me if there were any videos of him that she could watch. I sent her the links. She googled and followed suit, telling me, now and again, how much she was enjoying what he had to say. A year later, she asked if there was any way that she could receive Knowledge. I sent her the info and six months later she did. In her own home.

When she passed away a few years later, I had a chance to sit by her bedside just before the end, for eight long days, a small picture of Prem Rawat on her bedside table. I rubbed her feet. We talked. We cried. We laughed. She was ready when it was time to go.

December 22, 2017
Giving the Gift of Ourselves

santa.jpeg

Every year, about two days before Christmas, I experience something I am not particularly proud of.

Thinking about the gifts I've bought for my wife and kids, I get the feeling that I don't have enough for them. This feeling has almost nothing to do with how many gifts I've bought or how "good" the gifts are.

Beyond the quantity and quality of my offerings is the sense that my efforts to express my love for them is lame and doesn't really measure up to how I feel -- and that, somehow, they will be disappointed.

Indeed, there have been some "nights before Christmas" where I've left the cozy warmth of my home to return to the mall, looking for the perfect gift. It's humbling to witness this kind of behavior in me. And it's humbling to admit it. But it's also healing.

In time, with some reflection and a deeper dive into selfhoood, I've come to realize that it's not about fixing my flaws, patching up the quirks in my personality, or compensating for some imagined black hole.

It's about being.

The deep love we feel for the people in our lives begs to be expressed and yet the mind will never be satisfied with the form of its expression. No poem, no song, no diamond, no trip around the world will ever be enough.

In the end, the only thing we have to give -- is ourselves. And that is plenty.

December 19, 2017
Ending Violence in Colombia

Here is an inspring, 9-minute video about the impact of Prem Rawat's Peace Education Program in Colombia -- a program that has recently been adopted by 500 schools in an effort to end the cycle of violence in that country.

PEP intro video

December 14, 2017
Your Homework for the Day

1112b895-8ab0-44f8-b32d-6d622debd5c9.jpg

December 12, 2017
After Seeing Prem Rawat in LA

StartHere2.jpg

Here's one thing I experience after seeing Prem Rawat, who I just had the good fortune to see at the LA event in celebration of his 60th birthday: After being in his presence, there is nowhere to go. Nowhere to go, because I am already there. And by "there", I mean here -- the only place there is.

Event over, Prem having left the stage, I find myself absolutely where I need to be no matter where I am. The urge to go anywhere, see anyone, or do anything is completely gone. It feels, to me, like the proverbial snow day where, suddenly, with no effort on my part, whatever it was I thought I had to do is now on infinite pause.

Free. I am free. Totally free. My time is my own. But there is no time. No future, no past, no plans, no thing. And yet, this nothing is everything -- a wonderfully wide open space of love where anything can happen, but nothing needs to.

Weightless is how I feel. Buoyant. As if something unnecessary I had been carrying around for God knows how long has been taken away. Gone. It is gone. Light. I am light. Like the bubbles at the bottom of a perfectly chilled bottle of champagne, newly opened, now rising to the top.

If you want to listen to Prem Rawat
iTunes preview of new TimelessToday app

December 11, 2017
PREM RAWAT'S New App Launched on TimelessToday!

timelesstoday.jpg

Today, at the Los Angeles event, Prem Rawat launched his cool, new TimelessToday app -- one that includes video, audio, updates on events, a way to make playlists, and all kinds of other goodies. Last year, Prem's message was heard by more than 400 million people. With the launch of this app and all of his other global initiatives, 2018 promises to be quite an extraordinary year. Love! Peace! And downloads! Whoo! Whoo!

TimelessToday website

TimelessToday on Facebook

December 08, 2017
PREM RAWAT Livestream from LA

TimelessToday_LA_2017_Livestream_800x500.jpg

This is the link to view or listen to the livestream of Prem Rawat's December 9-10 event in Los Angeles. If you can't make it, the livestream is the next best thing. Video: $60. Audio: $20

Yes, it is a dark time in the world, but remember "the bigger the circle of darkness, the bigger the circle of light." You don't have to be a fan or student of Prem Rawat to get value from the livestream. His message is like type "O" blood -- the universal donor. It's for everyone, no matter what path you walk or don't walk.