May 23, 2011
Reinventing the Technology of Human Accomplishment

Here is an impassioned, inspired, lucid, refreshing 15-minute presentation by Gary Hamel on the need for organizations to radically reinvent the way they manage their people. Hamel not only builds a compelling case for something you've always felt (but never quite had the words to express), he uses motion graphics in a way that adds major mojo to his presentation.

Image

May 21, 2011
Playing with Parkinson's

photo-full.jpg

Parkinson's disease
has limited the way legendary jazz guitarist Sangeeta Michael Berardi plays, but not his desire to keep making music any way he can.

Now, 11 years after his diagnosis and no longer the technical virtuoso he once was, Sangeeta is going into a recording studio again, joining with musicians from his past to make one more CD.

Rather than hide from the deterioration brought on by Parkinson's (or "Mr. P", as Sangeeta calls it), his goal is to use the unavoidable shakes and tremors as part of his instrumentation.

"I'll bring my guitar, of course, but I'll also bring bowls and spoons, my pill containers in a bag, my compromised voice and almost anything that serves as an extension of Mr. P -- for he is as much presence in this recording as the other musicians."

le-jazz-rouge.jpg

The recording, and the process leading up to it, is being filmed by award winning documentary filmmaker Burrill Crohn for a new documentary, Playing with Parkinson's.

Along the way, we learn about Sangeeta, not only as a musician, but as a writer, poet, painter, philosopher, meditator (the name Sangeeta means "Divine Song") and, once -- in 1958 -- bank robber (the idea was to get enough money to make music).

This is a film about music and Parkinson's, but it is also a film about the human spirit, transcendence, and the everyday heroes that walk among us.

I've not yet met Sangeeta, but I've known Burrill Crohn for more than a decade and have nothing but admiration for him and his extraordinary gifts as a filmmaker.

To learn more about the film and how you can help Burrill and Sangeeta complete it, please click here.

More info here.

Illustration

May 18, 2011
I Breathe, I Blog, I Speak

ditkoffmitchell.jpg

Guess what? I don't just write this blog. I speak!

Yes, I speak. I really do.

As in give keynotes to large audiences who want to get out of the box and raise the bar for innovation. People who want to tap into their brilliance, brainpower, and buoyancy -- aspiring innovators, creative thinkers, difference makers, movers, shakers, and anyone else who wants to find a better way of getting the job done.

I am pleased to announce that I am now being represented by the extraordinary Mike Frick, Founder of Speakers' Platform and Core Speakers Agency.

Give Mike a call today -- 760.673.7700. He speaks, too.

Ten Tips for Giving a Great Keynote

'I
don't
want
to.'"

- Lao Tzu

Image

See Mitch's keynote address Enjoy a 7-minute interview with Mitch at the Ethical Sourcing Forum in NYC: 3/28/11

Breakthrough Cafe.
A totally unique brainstorming salon. Great food. Great food for thought. Great people. Collaborate, have fun, get out of the box.

"Inno-waiters With Whine Lists" – The Breakthrough Cafe featured in January 2006 issue of