Five Inspiring Videos For You
Here ya go. Five inspiring videos for your viewing pleasure -- each one a treasure. Themes?
Every Day Is Thanksgiving
This is beautiful. From David Steindl-Rast, Benedictine monk. Unplug from whatever you're doing and give this your full attention.November 25, 2009
George Carlin On Aging
Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!"
You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.
You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.
"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!"
You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life ! You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh... what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.
But! wait! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE IT to 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. ! Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's family name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long, and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
And if you don't send this to at least 8 people -- who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!What Is Love?
One minute's worth of straight-to-the-heart inspiration.November 24, 2009
VIDEO: 1001 Reasons
Bring someone tea today! Help someone in need! Go beyond yourself and express the love you feel in very practical ways.November 23, 2009
The Next Movie You See...
OK. I may lose a few subscribers with this one, but so what. I'm not running for President. Just saw Pirate Radio last night and, as I was watching it, was already wanting to watch it again. It ain't Bergman, but it rocks. (A great reminder to be who you are).November 22, 2009
Bloom Where You Are Planted
November 15, 2009
Maharaji in India: 11/7
This just in from Maharaji's public event in Noida, a city south of New Delhi (as recalled by Lucka Koscak).
"Do not forget that you are a renter, not an owner. One day you'll be thrown out."
"Do you know or do you believe? You believe it, but one day you'll know it. You worship. You go to the temples. But your swan is inside of you. Know this Creator. It's time to know, not believe."
"Heaven is here and if there's a hell, then it's here, too -- and also the solution for it. And the swan is here and the one who shows the swan is here, too."
I'm not God, but God is inside of me. I don't believe that. I know that. When I practice this Knowledge, I know it."
"Receive what I give. If you like it, enjoy it. Know this life inside yourself. Go to the temple of your heart."November 14, 2009
Today, it is my honor to welcome a very special guest speaker to The Heart of the Matter -- a highly esteemed, cosmically conscious, beyond duality channel of peace and love. Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming, the ONE, the ONLY... Puppet-Ji!November 06, 2009
A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words
November 02, 2009
RUMI: Move Into Your House of Joy
If you knew yourself for even one moment,
if you could just glimpse
your most beautiful face,
maybe you wouldn't slumber so deeply
in that house of clay.
Why not move into your house of joy
and shine into every crevice!
For you are the secret
and always have been.
Didn't you know?